OD - Optical Density conversion
- Convert image density values according to lookup
- .OPERATION: OD
- .INPUT FILE: PIC001
[Enter name of image file to be converted.]
.OUTPUT FILE: OUT001
[Enter name of file where converted image is to be
.LOOKUP TABLE FILE: TAB001
[Enter name of formatted lookup file. (see below for
- The lookup table has to be created by calibration for
specific applications that require very precise
measurements, e.g. electron diffraction.
- Format of the lookup file:
The file should provide 801 density values,
covering the range 0-4 OD in steps of 0.005.
Format: 10F12.6 (but this is easily changed.)
- The density is mapped in the following way:
- NEWDENSITY = LOOKUP(OLDDENSITY/0.005+1)
- For density values >4 OD, the lookup table is
extrapolated on the basis of the last two entries,
LOOKUP(800) and LOOKUP(801).
NOTES 1. not tested!
Copyright Notice /