Web : Whats New
- The 64 bit true color web source has been updated to fix
operations that failed to run properly
on recent 64 bit Linux distributions.
- Thanks to: John Bollinger for these improvements.
- 12/8/18 AL
- Particle picking improved.
- Can start picking of particles from either tilted or untilted image.
- Reports current tilt for first 32 particles picked.
- 6/11/15 AL
- New convenience operations on menu line, decreased colormap flashing,
improved tilt pair particle picking, altered colormap, misc. bug fixes on
24 bit color platforms. Web for 8 bit color retired.
- 7/20/11 AL
- Web Now released under GPL "Free Software" license.
- Web is now released under
- 10/20/05 AL
- Web supports either byte ordering now.
- Web will read SPIDER files of either byte ordering now.
- 3/20/03 AL
- Java Web available for Linux
- 10/20/01 BR
- The Movie operation has been improved.
- Added a "Large Images" sub-operation which
displays movies of a series of images or a volume.
- 9/4/01 AL
- Web has been
modified for Use on Linux 24 bit Visual
- Modifications provided by Dr. Erik Vogan allow use of WEB
on a 24 bit Visual under Linux.
- 8/10/01 AL
- The Montage from document file
and Categorize from document file
operations handle image stacks.
- Stacked images can be displayed by specifying appropriate
template (e.g. stackfile@***) for the image name
- 10/7/99 AL
- The "Image display" operation now handles image stacks.
- A single stacked image can be displayed by specifying the
stacked image name (e.g. stackfile@34)
- 10/7/99 AL
- "Pixel" and "Profile" operations work with magnified images.
- The Pixel and Profile Operations now work with magnified
or shrunken images.
- 9/14/99 AL
- Montage and categorize from document file.
- The filenumbers for the
"Montage from document file"
and "Categorize from document file"
operations must be in the first register (not keys) of the document file now.
It is now possible to limit the filenumbers to be displayed.
- 8/06/99 AL
- CTF from Doc. File
- A new operation "CTF from Doc. File" has been added which
interactively studies the Contrast Transfer Function curve.
- 7/06/99 AL
- General Filter
- A new operation "General Filter" has been added which
interactively creates a mask based on a power spectrum
which can be used for Fourier filtering.
- 10/19/98 AL
- Display stack images
- Now, WEB can display the stack images by using "Image"
operation. WEB will automatically
check if the input file is a stack file or not.
If "display the image name" has been selected, the image
number in stack will been displayed under each image
as "@012". The operation works for 2D and 3D stacks.
If the file is a 3D stack file, the image number will
only display once for each 3D image.
- 2/10/98 YH
- Categorize images from a montage specified in document file
- The images which are used in the 'Categorize' operation
can now be taken from a Document file Montage (see below)
as well as a standard sequential file image montage.
- 2/26/97 AL
- Montage of images specified in document file
- New operation 'Montage from doc. file' makes a montage
of 2-D images by looking up the image numbers in a
document file. The register number cantaining the image
number in the doc. file is solicited.
All images must have same prefix in their name (e.g.
IMA***.DAT). Can also determine, display, and save
the average of all the montaged files.
- 6/10/96 AL
- Picking markers
- The 'Markers' operation has been altered to save
marker locations to a doc file as soon as the marker
is selected. Thus a system failure will not lose
any markers which have already been picked.
- 5/2/96 AL
- The 'Convolve' operation has a new filter choice
available called 'Denoise'. This filter replaces
pixels which have values below a solicited threshold
with average of the 8 surrounding pixels.
- 4/20/96 AL
- File name selection
- The filenames specified in the look-up-table file
name widget no longer reset the file location
used for images.
- 4/10/96 AL
- Command line variables
- Certain variables in Web can now be initialized from
the command line or in
your home directory .Xdefaults
Xt resource file.
- 1/26/96 AL
- Colored surfaces
- Colored Surface Operation added. Does fast surface
display of 3D file. Colors surface according to values
found in asecond 3D file. Specify surface level,
contribution from depth and surface
reflectivity, and number of colors. The
values in the color volume are divided into
the specified number of colors. A private
color-map can be used to alter the
correspondence between colors and intensities
in the color volume. Can only handle less
than six colors.